Planning and Managing Agile Projects
This 3 day instructor-led course aims at introducing its attendees to the core values, principles, and practices of Agile. This course is a more elaborate version of the Certified Scrum Master training as it discusses how to plan and manage Agile practices, not only those in Scrum. The course also goes into greater depth about all the roles and responsibilities on the team and not just the ScrumMaster and Product Owner roles.
The use of agile as an approach to managing projects has been increasing dramatically over the last several years. Gartner had predicted that by the end of 2012, agile development methods would be used on 80% of all software development projects. PMI`s research has shown that the use of agile has tripled from December 2008 to May 2012. Therefore, PMI has developed a new certificate called the Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP). The PMI-ACP is positioned to recognize and validate knowledge of this important approach.
The course outline is aligned with the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certification credential that we anticipate will become a worldwide accepted standard for best practices for Agile PM like the PMBOK Guide and PMP recognition is for PM.
Learn how to apply Agile to current projects: explore how your projects can easily and successfully make the transition to an effective Agile environment.
Many of today`s Project Management and Business Analyst Professionals are finding themselves leading, managing and conducting analysis while on Agile development teams. We have found that many of the tools and techniques applied during a traditional project management approach no longer work as effectively, or at all. In order to do more than survive in this iterative development environment, today`s Project Managers and Business Analysts must employ additional project management and business analysis tools and techniques to effectively lead their teams and deliver projects successfully.
This course will explore how your projects can easily and successfully make the transition to an effective Agile environment.
Agile is an incremental, iterative framework for project management and software development – where requirements and solutions evolve through collaboration between self-organizing cross-functional teams. This disciplined project management process involves:
- A leadership philosophy that encourages teamwork, self-organization and accountability
- A set of engineering best practices intended to allow for rapid delivery of high-quality software
- A business approach that aligns development with customer needs and company goals.
Using a case study of their choice, participants learn how to plan and manage an Agile framework. Your role in an agile project will look much different as you form and coach a self-directed team, facilitate continuous collaboration with your clients, manage and deliver business value to your clients early and regularly throughout the project.
- Plan, manage and close requirements for a project in reduced time using Agile practices
- Minimize project uncertainty and risk by applying Agile principles
- Ensure your project delivers required functionality and adds value to the business
- Create an environment of self-management for your team so that they will be able to continuously align the delivered product with desired business needs, easily adapting to changing requirements throughout the process.
- Learn how to apply Agile by measuring and evaluating status based on the undeniable truth of working, testing software, creating a more accurate visibility into the actual progress of projects.
No prerequisites - This course is suitable for both novice and experienced professionals who need to manage and implement a project. It is recommended that participants have a basic understanding of project management and business processes and business analysis. Those interested in the PMI ACP certification should have at least 1500 hours Agile project experience and preferably be a certified PMP or have an addition 2000 hours general project management experience to qualify for the PMI-ACPexam.
3 Days Course