Managing a Project with your Team
This two-day workshop is designed to help participants:
- Identify project stakeholders and their expectations
- Practice techniques to help stakeholders identify and agree upon project goals
- Manage stakeholder expectations with effective communications techniques.
Work together to identify and fulfill project goals
- Identify and manage stakeholder expectations
- Develop strategies for resolving stakeholder issues and concerns
Module 1: Introduction to the Workshop
- Identification of workshop goals and schedule; requirements for participation, student introductions and expectation
Module 2: Who Are the Stakeholders?
- The role and importance of stakeholders (including project team members) to every project; stakeholder identification and analysis; creating a Stakeholder
- Register; using the Stakeholder Register in project planning
Module 3: Identifying Stakeholder Expectations
- Identifying and agreeing upon project goals; establishing business requirements; writing a Business Case
Module 4: Clarifying Stakeholder Expectations
- Techniques for determining specific stakeholder needs; creating a Stakeholder Requirements Work Plan; writing clear stakeholder requirements
Module 5: Managing Stakeholder Expectations
- The sender-receiver communications model; environmental barriers to communication; creating a workable Communications Plan; group cultural and individual barriers to communication; defining and practicing emotional intelligence; addressing stakeholder issues through negotiation
Module 6: Workshop wrap-up
- Concluding comments and questions, workshop evaluation
- Each day of this workshop will engage the participants in a day-long effort that, mixed with presentation of material, will require them to apply the concepts and tools they have learned to a real-life project problem.
This workshop is registered for 14 PDUs for those of you who are attempting to earn PDUs for renewal of your PMP® certification. As a result, the workshop will meet for seven hours each day, and participants must attend the full workshop to be granted the 14 PDUs.
3 Days Course