Introduction to SharePoint
Module 1: SharePoint OverviewThis module provides an overview of SharePoint and Office 365. It explores the use of SharePoint for team collaboration and document management. Lessons
- Team Collaboration
- Document Management
- SharePoint Web Sites
- SharePoint Security
- Explain the core SharePoint feature sets.
- Explain the primary uses of SharePoint.
- Know that SharePoint content is security trimmed.
- Accessing SharePoint
- Following Sites
- SharePoint Navigation
- Quick Launch and Other Links
- List and Library Navigation
- The Ribbon
- Regional Settings
- Working with the App Launcher and Following Sites.
- Navigating Libraries.
- Changing your Time Zone settings.
- Navigate SharePoint sites, lists and libraries.
- Follow and return to sites.
- Customize Language and Region settings.
- Document Libraries
- Document Library Pages and Web Parts
- Document Library Ribbons and Menus
- Opening and Downloading Documents
- Following Documents
- Working with Office Online server and Co-authoring
- Exploring Libraries and Office Online.
- Working with the Co-authoring features of Excel.
- Working with Checked Out Files.
- Creating and Managing Alerts.
- Uploading Files.
- Creating a New Document with Office Online and Working with Content Approval.
- Working with Versioning.
- Explore Libraries and Office Online.
- Work with the Co-authoring features of Excel.
- Work with Checked Out Files.
- Create and Managing Alerts.
- Upload Files.
- Create New Documents with Office Online and Work with Content Approval.
- Work with Versioning.
- SharePoint Lists
- Working with a Custom SharePoint List
- Working with SharePoint Task Lists
- Adding and Updating Tasks
- Using Task Views
- Synchronizing Task Lists with Outlook
- Working with SharePoint Calendars
- Calendar Navigation and Views
- Add Calendar Events
- Synchronizing SharePoint Calendars with Outlook
- Adding items to a custom list.
- Working with the Quick Edit view.
- Creating and Updating Tasks.
- Working with List Views.
- Working with Calendar Events.
- Understand the role and uses of SharePoint lists, both out of the box and custom.
- Add, edit and delete list items.
- Use Tasks lists in a team project.
- Create and work with Calendar Events.
- Synchronize SharePoint Task Lists and Calendars to Outlook.
- SharePoint Search
- What is Searchable
- Search Tips and Tricks
- Searching by keywords
- Searching by property
- Searching for people
- Know what SharePoint Search can Index and Retrieve.
- Perform keyword and property searches.
- SharePoint Social Features
- Interacting with People
- About Me
- Describe and use the SharePoint social features.
- Your Newsfeed
- Find and use the Newsfeed page.
- Use Microblogging, including mentions and hash tags.
- Follow sites, documents, people and hash tags.
Module 8: One Drive for BusinessThis module explains how to use OneDrive for Business to store and share files. Lessons
- OneDrive in SharePoint 2016 vs. OneDrive in Office 365
- Sharing Files
- Sync`ing Files to Your Device
- Use OneDrive for Business to store and share documents.
- Sync OneDrive for Business to a local device.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic Microsoft Office skills.
- SharePoint end users.
- SharePoint Site Owners and Power Users who will be attending a SharePoint 2016 Site Owner class.
- SharePoint administrators and developers.
1 Day Course